At Vaayu, we are on a mission to decelerate climate change. We know e-commerce has a big climate impact so we are focusing our efforts on helping retailers measure and reduce their carbon emissions.
Our automated software already helps sustainability leaders, like Armed Angels and Organic Basics, manage and reduce their climate impact by making carbon analytics easily accessible to inform meaningful business decisions.
We are a remote first company based in Berlin, with an international and diverse team across Europe. We believe in a sustainable future for retail and are looking to work with people who share our values from across Europe or equivalent time zones.
If you are an innovator, want to work at a purpose-driven startup, and would like to collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team on a mission to make a positive impact on our planet, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Front End Engineer to help develop our carbon platform that is used by our online retail customers. You will be joining as one of the very first people at Vaayu and help shape everything that comes next. This role is perfect for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset who always puts the customer first. We are an early stage company and also looking for pragmatic solutions.
Some things you will do:
- Greenfield projects from the ground up, with a very large degree of autonomy. Take full ownership over your work.
- Build a data centric platform with us. Transport complex data to our users. Data visualization is a big piece of your work.
- Work in a service oriented system, with a high degree of decoupling.
- Frontends are decoupled from server side code, with a frontend facing, Mothership service (Golang).
- Build full-stack features including work on Mothership service.
- You known how to build systems from the ground up.
- We're not looking for someone to build systems in a specific set of technologies, rather you should know best what technology is best suited for a problem.
- Works collaboratively within a team as well as autonomously.
- A passion for solving climate change.
- Fluent in English.
Who we are:
Vaayu is a pre-seed stage company. The founders have extensive experience in climate, retail, software engineering and product having worked at companies including Zalando, Vimcar, Topshop/Topman.
We aren't looking for experience with a specific technology, if you are still curious what we're currently using Here's a bit of an overview:
- Frameworks: Vue.js, React, D3.js
- Infrastructure: Google Cloud Platform, Google Kubernetes Engine, Docker
- Other key technologies: JSON REST APIs
If you're interested in being part of our team, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a short paragraph about yourself along with your resume/CV.
Vaayu is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse team that reflects a broad range of background, thought, and experience.