DAS (www.decisionaid.systems) is an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) decision support system for tree fruit and potato growers and pest managers in the Pacific Northwest. It provides easy-to-use pest management models and helps to optimize management decisions for certain insects and diseases. DAS collects daily weather data from several public and private weather networks along with forecast data from other third-party services to create insect and disease population charts and maps linked with management and pesticide recommendations.
We are looking for a talented development team member who would help us improving our application ecosystem, both on backend and frontend, as we are expanding our offering to several other crops and States.
Duties will include but are not limited to fine-tuning and improving performances of existing features, creating unit and integration tests to improve system reliability and ensure high quality software delivery, implementing new features on the existing application and reporting daily progress.
This is a temporary, 100% remote, full-time (~40h/week) position. Individuals only, no agencies. Position open until filled.
- 2+ years of work experience with Laravel framework (v7+) on a LAMP stack
- Must be available to work during Pacific Time office hours
- US work permit and US residency (preferably WA resident)
- Experience with cloud application platforms, AWS and Heroku in particular
- Experience with NoSQL databases