The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 900,000 customers in 11 countries. In only 8 years on the market, we have grown to more than 254 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,100 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? We are looking for an awesome Tech Lead with strong PHP background.
Who are we
Our team is located in our Warsaw office in the city center. Despite this fact, we’re closely cooperating with HQ in Munich where the Product Manager is located. The team consists of 2 software engineers specialized mostly in the backend technologies and a dedicated Test Automation Engineer.
What we are doing
The team is responsible for reliable and fast communication with our customers. We ensure that we know who wants to receive what information about us and our products and that they receive those messages in a timely manner. We work both on internal tools that help build beautiful newsletters sent daily to more than 10 million customers, and on customer-facing pages and APIs ensuring consistent customer data across our platforms.
What you will do
- Design, build and maintain scalable and highly available services
- Remain fully hands-on when it comes to development of new feature with the team
- Manage a small team of backend engineers building services written mostly in PHP
- Ensure your services are well tested, architected, meet our coding standards and have proper logging, monitoring and alerting
- Set up processes and methodologies optimized for shipping code
- Mentor developers and ensure their constant professional growth
- Work closely with product owners and business stakeholders to design technical solutions to fit product needs
What we offer
- An open-minded tech organization with a “best tool for the job” attitude. Freedom to choose your tools and technology gives plenty of room for learning and experimentation.
- A continuous self-improvement environment. Access to e-learning portals, budget for conferences and paid certifications are just some of the ways we help you be your best self.
- A great atmosphere. Team events and hackathons are some of the ways we make our office a place you want to hang out.
- Ability to define your job. We are always happy to help you take new responsibilities and help you grow into the role you want.
- A brand-new top-of-the-line MacBook Pro with whichever accessories you fancy. Deck out your workstation with whichever editors, tools and accessories you need to feel at home.
- Internal mobility. If you want to learn something new or try a new team, we have a “team-rotation” program which allows you to switch to open positions in other teams.
What we expect from you
- Few years of experience in PHP 7 development. You know it in and out, its strengths and weaknesses and are able to use it for the best outcome possible.
- Architecture skills – both code and infrastructure. Acronyms like SOLID and DDD make you excited. People know you as that person who is always talking about “Decoupling”, “Onions” and “Hexagons”
- 1+ years of experience in a team lead role. Managing people is just as exciting as managing software.
- Good knowledge of databases. You know what to use when and especially why.
- Strong communication skills. You are comfortable working with any colleague from any area. You are comfortable defending your ideas or challenging others.
- People like to work with you.
What we appreciate
- Experience in the frontend stack - JS/CSS3/HTML5
- Strong problem-solving skills and proactive attitude in suggesting solutions and
- Dedication to testing code you wrote
- A SOLID approach to the code quality