At Zoopla we want to help everyone make intelligent home buying decisions. We are building a team that will have the once in a career opportunity to re-imagine our industry.
It's an exciting time for us on the frontend as we're redeveloping our whole site to a unified responsive design served by a new Node.js / Express / Handlebars architecture. Our platform is built on Amazon Web Services and utilises Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery.
- We're serious about tech but we don't take ourselves too seriously.
- We are spiritually agile, not religiously agile.
- We strongly believe in the value of good design. We believe it is a primary differentiator in an increasingly crowded marketplace.
- We believe in the value of data. We run a team that is data informed. We think being data-driven is soulless and dangerous. Clean, confident, clear data combined with the insights of the team is what drives our decisions.
- We want to build small, collaborative, cross-functional teams that push each other to create elegant, simple solutions to difficult customer problems.
- No matter what the role we want everyone to be obsessed with getting inside the minds of our customers.
How do you know we’re the best place for you?
- You strive to set the standard and are always looking to raise the bar and want to be surrounded by others who do so as well
- You enjoy knowing your customer
- You want to build things together, collaboratively with your team
- You want to own it; to have ownership and accountability for the outcomes of your effort
- You value sharing and committing to discussions and debates with your teammates
- And if you want to come help us re-imagine an industry
What will you be doing?
- Knowledgeable and comfortable with Agile development practices
- Responsive Design: using progressive enhancement and mobile-first approaches to create experiences that work everywhere and for everyone
- Good knowledge of unit and functional testing
- Some familiarity with Node.js
- Knowledge of automation using npm
- Solid understanding of UX concerns with the ability to provide feedback to designers to improve prototypes and designs
- Experience with medium to large web development projects, working in a team that includes front and backend developers, product owners, QA testers, and
- UX/visual design specialists
- Good understanding of Git