We’re looking for new team members who are passionate about shaping the future of work and want to expand, scale, and optimize our product offerings as part of a small, yet highly effective engineering team. You’ll join a group of experienced software engineers who have worked on several small- and large-scale applications before choosing Leapsome as their favorite next work environment and product. From day one, you’ll have a direct and significant impact on product and architecture decisions to shape and support us steering through our growth.
What is Leapsome?
Leapsome is the all-in-one platform for people enablement and engagement. We combine tools for goals & OKR management, performance reviews and 360s, employee engagement surveys, continuous feedback, as well as team and 1:1 meetings into an easy-to-use, customizable platform. At Leapsome, we want work to be the best it can be for everyone. That’s why we help companies create environments where people can achieve goals, learn and grow together, and build authentic relationships — our purpose is to make work fulfilling for everyone!
CEOs and HR/People Operations teams in international, forward-thinking companies like Spotify, Mercedes-Benz, Unity, and Babbel choose Leapsome to enhance their people enablement processes. Forbes magazine listed Leapsome as one of the 100 most innovative startups in Germany.
After successfully bootstrapping to more than 1,000 customers, Leapsome raised $60 million in Series A Funding led by Insight Partners in March 2022. The funding will allow us to further invest in developing our leading people enablement platform for our customers, create an even stronger employee experience, and open our first US office in NYC, making it a very exciting point in our journey to join Leapsome.
We stay true to our values in everything we do at Leapsome.
- Listen & learn — We always seek understanding. It helps us grow together and learn from each other.
- Challenge the status quo — We challenge ourselves and don’t walk the beaten path just because everyone else does.
- Be honest & transparent — We are honest and transparent with each other and ourselves.
- Seek impact — We hold ourselves accountable for the impact we want to have in this world.
- Take ownership & pursue excellence — We’re a group of smart and dedicated people, we trust each other to truly own our work.
- Be kind & humble — We are more than just colleagues — we genuinely care for each other.
What is your job?
- Expand and maintain a growing set of base components while slowly building a company-wide design system with these
- Deep dive into performance optimizations to ensure the best possible user experience for all of our modules
- Mentor team members and increase our standards for UI/UX as well as accessibility
- Be involved early on in feature planning and prototyping together with product and design
- Join user testing as well as feedback sessions from existing and potential customers evaluating our platform to then drive optimizations based on consistent feedback
- Work on micro-interactions and data visualization to get out the most from our data and user journeys
- Interact with REST and Websocket-based APIs
What is the Technology Stack?
- Node.js for our backend REST APIs
- MongoDB as NoSQL database
- AWS for our infrastructure
- Vue.js & Tailwind for our main single-page applications
- Cypress, Jest, and Mocha for test automation
- Travis for CI/CD
- Git as a version control system with Github
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
You’ll be a good fit if you:
- Have a strong software engineering background with attention to detail and a focus on modern VueJS-based single-page applications. Successful applicants usually come with more than 5 years of web development experience. (Full disclosure: This is a rough approximation - we know how hard it is to measure development experience.)
- Enjoy being part of early feature ideation and taking end-to-end ownership of features from concept to production release instead of implementing pre-defined tasks and designs with little to no room for adjustments.
- You set, achieve and retain the highest standards for UI/UX and have worked on SaaS applications before
- Like to work with a diverse group of people with different backgrounds and expertise.
- Are passionate about the future of work and continuous learning at work, and you want to join us in building an exceptional team and company to have a real impact in this space.
Benefits at Leapsome
- Become part of a fast-growing scale-up taking over the People Performance & Enablement space by making work fulfilling for more than two million people by 2025
- Join a diverse and international team of talented, smart, and kind people
- We value feedback exchange and celebrating successes — big and small
- Enjoy our hybrid model by working from home or in our offices in the heart of Berlin, Germany
- Develop your skills with a yearly development budget of €2,000
- Experience a healthy work-life balance with flexible work hours and the option of working abroad for up to 2 months per year
- Have fun at monthly team activities like kayaking, laser tag, and game nights
- Stay active and healthy with a free Urban Sports Club membership
- Take 30 vacation days every year (plus public holidays)
- Receive competitive pay and a pre-IPO equity package
- Get support and sponsorship for relocation (if needed)
You want to be part of Leapsome?
Just send us your CV!
A cover letter isn’t necessary, but we’d appreciate a brief answer to these questions: Why Leapsome? Why you?
Please note: During the application process, you don’t need to input information already mentioned in your CV.
We look forward to getting to know you!
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.