At LimeSurvey we are dedicated building the world’s #1 open source survey platform emphasized on ease of use, stability and extensibility. We do this together with our fast-growing community and a distributed international team of survey fanatics hq'ed in Hamburg.
You can find LimeSurvey in over 140 countries and 80+ languages: from local governments, NGO’s and universities to students, small business owners and public traded companies.
We could use some help. If you’re looking for the next challenge as Senior Software Engineer, you might have just found it.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER – SURVEY PLATFORM
Our LimeSurvey survey platform is providing capabilities to create and collect online surveys and analyze and share survey data. The survey platform can be used to conduct simple questionnaires with just a couple of questions or advanced assessments with conditionals and quota management.
We work closely with our community and partner network to co-create requirements, fix bugs, translate, and share knowledge. Join our team and get involved in building the world’s #1 open source survey platform.
As the Senior Engineer, you will have a key position in our Survey Platform Development team and will help implementing new features in our application while keeping an eye on scalability.
This is your challenge:
- You will help set the standard for LimeSurvey Dev team and guide and motivate others
- You will discuss and implement new features with business side and refine, estimate work with the team in line with our roadmap
- You will help identify and manage technical dept
- You will help onboard new team members while mentoring and guiding others in their career path
- You will closely work together with our design team, product owner, and C-level
- You are responsible for the code you and the team writes and take ownership of it in line with our LimeSurvey coding guidelines.
- You help consult with specific expertise you have on e.g. architecture, design, performance
- The opportunity to showcase your code to the rest of the world due our open source nature
- You will be part of a distributed down to earth team on a mission to create the world's #1 open survey platform
- You will be part of a major step change of LimeSurvey
This is you:
- You have worked on B2B, SaaS or Dev Tools
- You have exceptional programming skills and master PHP frameworks, Yii would be great but is always learnable
- You foster relationships with your team and have great communication skills + a getting things done mentality
- Have an understanding of testing frameworks and methodologies.
- Have an understanding of technologies supporting the LimeSurvey ecosystem
- You are a motivator and get the best out of yourself and automatically the people arround you
- You are an active contributor to opensource projects (or will be in the future ;-))
- You have a good sense of humor, and you stay calm in stressful situations
Tech we use:
- Yii-3, Yii-1, PHP Framework
- Bootstrap 5
- MySQL, MSSQL and Postgres
- Docker, CI, CD
Varied, interesting and challenging tasks, the chance to work with a growing dynamic distributed international team, room for creativity and your own ideas. We offer a wide range of training courses including language classes.
We work flexible hours, distributed, from home or in the office. You have the opportunity to unleash your skills in a no-nonsense environment. We offer free 3D printing, do fun activities together, and have some other perks which are in the make as our organization is. Plus if you want to take time of for holidays, no problemo.