You: A hands-on, results-driven engineer who thrives in outcomes-based project work and who enjoys working in fast-paced delivery environments.
Us: A fast-growing fan-to-fan ticket marketplace founded on flexibility and transparency. We are on a mission to make ticketing honest and fill every seat with a happy fan. We bring event creators and their audience together with our technology and work hand-in-hand with festivals, promoters, artists, and venues around the world.
Still interested? Good! On we go..
This is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a fast-growing start-up, whilst immersing yourself in tech, music, and live events. We’re now at a critical moment in taking the business to scale as we disrupt a huge market for the better.
- Storage - SQL (AWS RDS), DynamoDB
- Serverless functions - AWS Lambda (Node.js) and Cloudflare Worker (Node.js)
Skills and Experience:
- You have 5+ years of experience in a similar role with proven technical skills
- You have OOP PHP experience with any modern framework (Laravel, Symfony, Ruby on Rails, etc)
- Linux and AWS experience (highly appreciated)
- You have experience with automatic testing - TDD or semi-TDD (highly appreciated)
- You are an independent operator, working with a large amount of autonomy.
- You’re equally comfortable leading projects with internal and external teams, and rolling up your sleeves, and digging into the details yourself
- You’re a clear communicator with the ability to explain, argue, and convince a wide cross-section of stakeholders about your ideas
Why you'll love it here:
- At Tixel, you’ll be part of the company that’s redefining live entertainment. It's a place where you can be yourself, influence the culture, and create work that you’re proud of.
- We have a culture of collaboration & curiosity and thrive on solving problems for fans and event organisers.
- You will have true ownership over your area of responsibility, and your input will be pivotal to the success of the company. In turn, you'll have a real impact on people and on the live events industry as a whole.
- You will have the opportunity to roll up your sleeves and get down into the weeds to build out the future. You will have unlimited scope to grow as the business scales.
- We will invest in your development and make it our priority to help you achieve your career objectives. You’ll even have access to a ‘level-up allowance’.
- We’re proud of the fact we have a diverse team, we are family-friendly, and have a flexible work environment with our HQ based in Melbourne, Australia and growing team in the UK.
Apply now, with a short note introducing yourself, and we’ll be in touch.
- Workday must overlap by at least 6 hours with London, UK